Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ornaments

Several years ago my sister introduced me to some beautiful ornaments that are part of the Dillard's Trim a Tree collection and each year I've continued to add to the collection.  

The ornaments are cloisonne which means less chances of breakage/damage if something falls or gets knocked off the tree, and each comes with its own velvet box which means storage is a breeze.   


But I collect them because I think the ornaments are beautiful and many of them have meaning.  

We eat lobster for Christmas dinner but that's another story!
The hot air balloon reminds me of my trip to Cappadocia, Turkey and the ride over the valley as the sun came up (confession, my son took the ride, I watched from the ground...fear of heights)!
Coffee is VERY important in our house,

 as is music.
There are the important ornaments that remind my family why we celebrate Christmas.

Of course there are the fun ones that remind us to celebrate and have fun.






Notice the ballet slippers.  I took ballet until a couple of years ago.   
The slippers remind me to dream.   
There are lots more and I treasure each one.  

REMEMBER TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY.  
Click here to find the post to enter   http://jojos-joys.blogspot.com/2010/12/holt-howard-my-family-didnt-own-company.html

No comments:

Post a Comment