Sunday, May 2, 2010

How Did I Miss Bright Star?

 
I'm no film expert but I really enjoy watching movies and I try to watch a couple of movies every weekend.  This weekend I watched Bright Star.  Generally, when the Oscar nominees are announced, I comb the list looking for the films that I've missed and then rush to see as many as possible prior to the Oscars so that I can cheer for my favorite film, especially if it is a period piece.  I waited for the release dates of Avant Chanel and Young Victoria and loved them both but somehow I missed Bright Star.

This weekend I probably don't have to tell you that Bright Star was on my movie list and it was wonderful.  Not only are the costumes beautiful but the performances of Keats, Fanny and Mr. Brown are worth watching.  As you can probably imagine, the film was both romantic and sensual.  I fell in love with Fanny's bedroom - it looked a bit coastal but I'm guessing that the director was using her room to underscore her purity and innocence with the look of the room.  They were such young lovers - he died at twenty-five.  If you haven't seen it, this might be one that you want to put in your queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment