Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter at the Grove Park Inn

 This post might end up sounding a bit like an advertisement though it's not meant to be.  It's just that we are having so much fun.  Back in early February we booked a long Easter weekend stay at the Grove Park Inn in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina.   I booked the Easter weekend package and shortly after making the reservation, a hotel staff member
sent me a brochure with the schedule of activities.  Based on what I saw I knew it would be fun but the girls have had more fun than we ever imagined. 
We started our visit going to Ridgecrest and Black Mountain. 
  From the time I was about five years old we spent two weeks every summer attending the church camp and I haven't been back to visit the area since 1970.  
  In fact, it was at Ridgecrest that I watched the historic walk on the moon.  The apartments we stayed in on July 20, 1969 have now been torn down but I enjoyed sharing the story with the family. 
I was amazed that this hotel on Tunnel Road was still open. 
  When I was a child I thought it would have been so exciting to stay here at the Mountaineer Inn.  
So yesterday was spent driving around the area and today was the official start of the Easter weekend festivities.  
One of the only quiet moments for the Easter rabbit
 We made bonnets, participated in the Easter parade and had two hours of coloring eggs, 
 decorating cupcakes, 
balloons, facepaintings, making flowers 

 and enjoying delicious homemade lemonade.  
There's also been plenty of swimming, hiking and touring the antique car museum, not to mention dancing, rocking and just relaxing. 





Tomorrow is the Easter service, egg hunt and a brunch before our fun weekend is over.  
We decided this place should be called the GRAND Park Inn!   
Happy Easter.  
Of course I'll be joining The Tablescaper for this very special Seasonal Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment