Monday, June 27, 2011

The Hollywood Costume Auction

Last week you might have read about Debbie Reynolds Auction (if not click here to see some of the costumes that were sold). 

I've mentioned my friend John and his collection and I just have to share with you a few of his purchases from last week's auction.  

An Affair to Remember - Deborah Kerr
 It might look more familiar here. 

And who doesn't love Gigi? 
 Does the suit look more familiar here? 
Did you ever see Shirley Jones in Carousel? 
 Then this dress must look familiar!
John owns so many beautiful items that would be so familiar to anyone who watches film classics.   I keep hoping there will be a place where he can exhibit his beautiful holdings.  

I read on a blog that investors in other countries bought some of the items that went for crazy prices, including the Marilyn dress that went for $5.6 million!   Wonder what they plan to do with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment