Monday, August 30, 2010

LONGHOUSE

It's notcha ordinary garden tour.  In fact if you read information on the LongHouse website, the mission of LongHouse is to exemplify living with art in all forms.   As we were planning our excursion to the Hamptons, Aggie mentioned a visit to LongHouse and I knew it would be a memorable day.   Jack Larson, the international textile designer, founded LongHouse, and I'm going to skip all the narration and just share pictures.   You will see the sculpture of the falling woman that was added after 9/11, the chess set that was donated by Yoko Ono, and a circle of benches that reminded me of Cornwall's Merry Maidens.  Enjoy the garden and the art and IF you are lucky enough to make it to the Hamptons, don't miss LongHouse. 














I love the graceful mimosa in the background and these photos only begin to capture the gardens.  I hope you will venture out for yourself and visit LongHouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment