Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Trip to Scotts, AFTER the Atlanta Bloggers Gathering

Some of the Atlanta bloggers got together for a brunch yesterday and you can read more about the gathering by stopping in at Sue's place at Rue Mouffetard.
 (Sue, I hope you don't mind that I borrowed the group picture).  

We had such a good time visiting and enjoying some incredible food!  After the brunch a few of us headed over to Scott's Antique Market to do some shopping and looking.   Recently when shopping in the south building I met a lovely new friend, and I was so happy to see that she was there this month too.   Her name is Ava and she is a 5th grader.  Her mother is french and her father is American so she spends her school year in the U.S. and summers in France.   Her father owns a shop in Atlanta, Provenance Antiques, and has a booth at Scott's specializing in french provencial pieces. 

 
Ava, on the other hand is a young jewelry making artist.  Here are a few pairs of earrings that I purchased - all for $3 each!  

I love the little note that she tucked inside my envelope.   May I convey the same message to you, dear readers!   I hope you will stop back by over the next few days as I share some great adventures from my recent work travels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment