Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wieskirche - A Rococo Masterpiece

Not far from Neuschwanstein Castle (or the original Disney Castle) is one of the most fantastic sites that I have ever seen. Keep in mind that I generally love rococo style and Wieskirche IS proclaimed to be the best example of rococo style in the world. Maybe I'm partial but I think it is true and here are just a few (I took a few dozen!!!!) photos so that you can decide for yourself. There is no way my little camera can showcase the beauty of this church in the meadow. Be sure to click on the photos to enjoy the magnificence.

Just one step inside and it was like walking into heaven

Every inch of the church was magnificent



Wieskirche is a must-see if you are traveling near Fussen to see the castles.

No comments:

Post a Comment