Tuesday, April 13, 2010

German Souvenirs at Scott Antique Market

I just had to take a break from sharing travel pictures to tell you about the terrific souvenirs I found this weekend at Scott Antique Market. In case you aren't familiar with SAM, it's a very large once-a-month antique show in Atlanta and Columbus, OH. I live a few minutes away from the Atlanta location which is so convenient for me. I try to stop in every month just to poke around and this month I struck gold!

While in Germany, I fell in love with the lovely German Roemer wine glasses, but that's not all. I especially loved the beautiful white china used in restaurants in Bavaria. I did some shopping but refrained from buying glass items, mainly because I didn't want to deal with packing fragile items.

Well Saturday was my lucky day for finding international goods! For just $20 I bought (6) etched German Roemer wine glasses, (3) porcelain-handled Sheffield serving pieces (UK), (1) Rosenthal tea cup and saucer (Bavaria) and (1) Apilco Ramekin (France). Can you believe it! Just had to share photos of a few of the items.
Be sure to check out more treasured finds at Rhoda's Thifty Treasures. It's a great way to start your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment