Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Decorative Bandage

This morning I had to stop by the doctor's office and of course they wanted to do a little blood work. Afterwards the nurse kindly plastered me with a Garfield band-aid. I like Garfield just fine but have you ever stopped to wonder why they don't make decorative band-aids or a band-aid for adults that looks a little nicer than the standard taupe color? Through the years I have had to leave the doctor's office with band-aids such as Scooby or Hello Kitty but wouldn't you love to walk out wearing a Monet or a Renoir? Or have you ever thought about a lace trimmed or polka dot band-aid or even holiday band-aids? It seems that at one point band-aids came with stars and spots but I must have missed those year. I guess for now I will stick with the weird flesh-toned band-aid that just does the job. Somehow, though there is just not much fun in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment