Sunday, July 29, 2012

Atlanta Quilters Show 2012


I just got home from the Atlanta Quilt Festival and I just had to share some pictures with you.   The event had demonstrations, items for sale and a handmade doll exhibit but I went to see the quilts.   I hope you enjoy the photos of these quilts as much as I enjoyed seeing the handwork and meeting the quilters.
 There was a hallway of red and white quilts and my favorite in this section was "Delta Menopause."  
 The next section had all sorts of quilts from traditional to contemporary. 
 And then there were the dolls, demonstrations and a few special displays.  A couple of these quilters said they had rushed into retirement so that they could have more time to quilt.  One of the young quilters was laughing saying she works to quilt.  It was especially interesting to see the quilting software which allows you to design your quilt and all its colors so that you can see what it looks like before you make it.  Quilting times have changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment