Sunday, October 2, 2011

Delta Airlines

 Now you are probably reading the headline of this post and wondering what is seasonal about Delta, right?   I just happen to live around the corner from Delta Worldwide Headquarters and from Hartsfield Jackson International Airport so the two are very much a part of every season for me.  No, I don't work for the airlines but yesterday was a special day at Delta because they had the airline memorabilia show and an open house day at the museum.  Normally the museum is by appointment only but recently I attended an event at the museum and I thought I would take you on a quick tour. 
The aircraft you see, the Spirit of Delta is the museum which was purchased and created by Delta employees and is housed in a hangar that was built in the 40's.   It's interesting that the plane is bigger than the hangar.
 And on this tour you get to go into the cockpit. 
And you learn a few interesting facts about Delta. 


 But my favorite part of the tour was seeing the flight attendant apparel. 





At the event I attended, volunteer flight attendants were mixing with the crowd wearing some of the vintage attire.   I asked this woman what size she was, her response "size 0."  
 Now I know why I never got a flight attendant position.  Size 12 wouldn't do back in 1978! 
 And after a fun day at the museum, there was a beautiful moon shining over Delta. 
 I'm joining The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday and I hope you'll take some time to see what other bloggers are doing to celebrate the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment