Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dennis Dean Has a Blog!

If you live in Atlanta I'm sure you've heard of Dennis Dean Catering.  
I've been working on events with Dennis for more than a decade and he has always been my preferred caterer.  Yesterday I was thrilled to discover that Dennis has started a blog and I wanted to pass it along in hopes that you will be a follower http://dennisdeancatering.blogspot.com.  

Since I'm talking about food, I am so excited to share a recipe one of my best friends sent me.   She is a coffee lover and recently Judy made frappuccinos at a baby shower.  
Coffee cup in hand!!!
I'm sure these drinks have 10,000+ calories but oh my, they are so good!!!!
Here's the recipe:  
1/2 gal. of whole milk
Hershey syrup 
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 t. vanilla
8 cups of really strong coffee
1/2 gallon of coffee ice cream.

Mix 1/2 cup of the milk with the chocolate syrup.  

In another bowl, mix 8 cups coffee, sugar and vanilla flavoring, stir and let sugar dissolve. Let it sit until coffee mixture is cool.

Mix milk and coffee together in a container and refrigerate over night. 

Put ice cream in a punch bowl and pour coffee mixture over it.  We ladled the mixture over the ice cream to melt it and create the mixture.  Perfect for a brunch - enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment