Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another Great Class at Viking Cooking School

It was a marathon class but so much fun!   The class is called The One-Day French Culinary Basics that includes the preparation of:
Savory Cheese Soufflé
Béchamel Sauce
Seafood Crêpes
Bouquet Garni
Beef Bourguignon
Classic French Bread
Plain Short Pastry
Tarte Tatin

Last weekend was particularly beautiful so it was especially hard to go through with an indoor activity but once the class got started there was no time to think about any place besides the kitchen. 
My cooking teammates were Emily and Steve, a dad and daughter who enjoy cooking together and they were so much fun to work with.  


Since taking the class, I've made french loaves once and my husband's made them twice!  Nothing beats a delicious crusty loaf of bread, fresh from the oven.  
 I loved preparing the beef bourguignon, seafood crepes (I love crepes!), 
 and the tarte tartin 
but my favorite was the cheese souffle.  
It was so beautiful to see the beautiful puffed souffles coming out of the oven.  

After a day of cooking,  we all sat down to enjoy a wonderful meal.  Of course I got home and my husband asked, "so, what's for dinner?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment