Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Even Though I Dream, I Love Where I Live!

While it's great fun to dream of living in other places, I love my neighborhood and I want to share some photos with you.

We're a front porch neighborhood with lots of really cute houses that come in all sorts of colors.






The houses have some terrific details.


including characteristic lights that hang from trees



that make our neighborhood look magical at night.



We have our own font for house numbers.


and other cute things.


There are lots of gardeners, painters, stained glass makers, mosaic artists, bikers, grandparents, young families, a jewelry maker, army officers, a well-known pastry chef, a bee keeper (we have our own neighborhood honey) and a landscaper. In other words, we are a VERY diverse group of neighbors with diverse interests but with a great appreciation of each other. My husband and I used to live in a small town but we finally found what we were looking for when we moved into our neighborhood. I just remind myself of what Dorothy said - "there's no place like home" and I think we found Kansas.


We call this house our little white house.


I am so glad that you stopped in to visit with me and my wonderful neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment